Acne (pimples and blackheads) is a disease of sebaceous glands. As a result of this disease, on skin appear inflammatory elements. For significant proportion of men and women acne pass in the chronic form and is often resistant to treatment.
Aesthetic problems with the face and body have a great psychological impact on the personality, may cause depression and lead to social exclusion. That’s why it is very important for any beautician to diagnose the disease in time and prescribe an effective way to treat acne, in order to avoid all these problems.
Modern Ways of the Acne Treatment
A proper solution of the problem with pimples and blackheads and choosing the method of treatment must be done by a qualified dermatologist. As a rule, the most effective medication is a comprehensive medication that insures not only cosmetic procedures and drugs, but the prime cause of the disease and treatment.
- Facial cleansing is a procedure which provides skin cleansing by manual or by hardware. In the process removes surface dirt, dead skin cells and inflammatory elements (comedones);
- Chemical face peeling is a procedure to cleanse and refresh the skin. Peeling helps both to exfoliate the top layers of the dead skin and to remove superficial black dots. Depending on the used materials and devices techniques and equipment of this procedure may differ;
- Dermabrasion is an effective procedure of hardware cosmetology. It provides a gradual erasing and simultaneous deletion of the dead flake of the epidermis by a flow of microcrystalline alumina;
- Hormonal therapy – is a medication against acne for women. It means that women are to take preparations which low the impact of men hormones upon sebaceous glands. Before starting this kind of treatment it is important to consult a gynecologist-endocrinologist.
- Medications. Modern market offers a wide range of drugs that can successfully fight acne. You can buy anti-bacterial gel, cream or lotion for acne and pimples;
- Antibiotics may be prescribed in case, when the disease is severe, and the removal of the inflammation and killing the bacteria is needed. The method is contraindicated for the pregnant women and ladies planning to have children in the near future;
- Home remedies for acne – lotions, creams and masks with vegetable and herbal extracts of antibacterial action, soothing and designed to reduce inflammation.
Advantage for the Treatment against Acne with the Help of Ultraviolet
Nowadays, the method of treatment the teen and adult acne with UV lamp is very fast, efficient and safe. Unlike drugs and antibiotics, UV treatment has no side effects, does not age the skin, and does not affect other organs. Simplicity and safety of this device allows curing acne without any doctor.
Additional positive effects:
- It reduces fat and makes skin healthier, improves its color and texture;
- Possesses fast therapeutic effect;
- Provides for significant blanching of post-inflammatory spots and partial smoothing of scars;
- It improves the efficiency of cosmetic products (medical masks and creams against the black dots);
- There is observed clinical recovery of patients with mild and moderate acne lesions without the use of antibiotics.
Although, there’s an opinion, that acne and black spots on the body and face can be easily cured with the help of a cream or ointment, it is better to prevent their occurrence. In order to exclude the occurrence of lesions, it is necessary to visit periodically a beautician, carefully select cosmetics, eat healthy food and avoid stress.
One of the most effective ways of preventing acne is a high level of hygiene of the body and face. Hair removal and shaving the neck may cause acne disease. Therefore, pay special attention to hygiene when performing these procedures. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and walk more before sleep. Try as much as possible to protect the skin from the aggressive exposure to cold, sun and friction.
If you exercise, you should better wear clothes of natural fabrics under your sports equipment. If possible, avoid contact with harsh chemicals and oils, such as gasoline or oil. Following these simple rules, you will be satisfied with both external and internal condition of your skin.